Tuesday, July 27, 2010

Update

The 2010 Photowalk is history. Thank you Carri Capanile for making our group welcome. There was also a supplemental photo shoot at St. Rose Convent as you know. Turnout was sparse, but for those of us there it was a rewarding opportunity.

Remember submission of prints for the WWIG display at the La Crosse Public Library must be done by Aug 1st. The prints should be taken to John Zoerb's home and placed in the special box he has in his garage or on the adjacent table. If you need help with this, call John or me.

I am going to do a bit of housekeeping with this blog. Although we still love Roger Grant, the picture of him in the header is getting a bit stale and I am going to change it. I plan to change to a new one every  month. If you have an impage that you would like to see heading up this blog, please send it to me.

There will not be a WWIG meeting in August.  I am over planned and over committed and do not have the time or energy to do what needs to be done for a successful meeting. However, unless there are unforeseen circumstances we will have one in September. Jennifer Bucheit has requested that we resume having a "topic of the month" and I agree that when we did it in the past it was fun and instructive. I'll let you know the topic soon. I also would like to start another activity at our meetings. I am going to ask members who attend to bring in a photograph (not there own) that they think is of particular interest for discussion by the group. We  can discuss what I have in mind in September and if others agree we will start doing so in October.

I am hoping to attract more new members. Please let me know if you have potentially interested friends and colleagues who might like to be part of our group.

Byron

No comments:

Post a Comment