Tuesday, July 20, 2010

Worldwide Photowalk 2010 La Crosse

You all should have received an e-mail from me today about our opportunity to photography the Mary of the Angels Chapel at St. Rose Convent on Saturday July 24th from 2:30 to 3:30pm preceding the downtown Photowalk which will begin at 4:00pm in Riverside Park.

Jim Taylor and I met with PR Director Jane Comeau on Monday at the Convent and while there I took a couple  of snapshots which I hope will whet your appetite for this event. I didn't use a tripod for this photo but the ISO was set at 6200. When viewed at 100% in Photoshop there is a good deal of noise so I do recommend that you bring your tripod along. I took some photos with only natural light coming in through the windows and some (including this one) when the ceiling lights were turned on. I like the warmer color but was surprised that there wasn't all that much improvement in illumination. John Zoerb, Jim Taylor and Roger Grant have all had extensive experience shooting here and I think that any of these gentlemen would be amenable to giving you advice about what equipment you might want to have available.


This, of course is exterior of the Convent. What an architectural gem! There is a nicely landscaped  and maintained courtyard but not much of a garden to see. We will be entering the Convent at 2:30pm. You may wish to get started earlier with exterior shots.

If you plan to participate in the Photowalk please do come back to this blog for updates and if you haven't already registered please do so. I think that it would be helpful for Carri to know the number of attendees.
Byron

No comments:

Post a Comment