Thursday, February 24, 2011

Update

I don't know if any of you have looked at this blog recently, especially since I have been so derelict about making entries but it seems appropriate to post something, particularly since I've done nothing with the trip blog I started then abandoned.

I am currently in the midst of my workshop with Jay Maisel. As you may remember, I did the same workshop with him in the summer of 2008 and it was probably the seminal photographic experience that I have had in my journey of attempting creativity and self-discovery. I do have a habit of doing things one time too many and this week is a case in point. Let's just say that  Jay doesn't think much of my work and he certainly is not one to hide his opinions. I fully realize that I am the one with the problem and it is my responsibility to learn what he has to teach. The photographs that I have taken this week have, in a word, been embarrassing and yet I am approaching picture taking with much more thought and discipline-- so far not much payoff, but I hope that there will be.

On Monday and Tuesday I will be doing one-on-one sessions with my digital imaging mentor Leslie Alsheimer. On Wednesday I'll leave Santa Fe and head for the Rio Grand, then it will be a waltz across Texas (that's the name of a C&W song for those who said "huh" when they read the foregoing) to be followed by my meandering through Mississippi, Louisiana, and wherever else seems to offer good things to experience and good photo opportunities.

All best wishes to each and every one of you. I am very much looking forward to seeing you at the next meeting of the WWIG in March.
Byron

Add On: Here is one of the images done this week that I like. As instructed, I've been doing people which is hard for me but not impossible I've learned.

No comments:

Post a Comment