Sunday, February 27, 2011

Topic Of The Month

My workshop with Jay Maisel in Santa Fe finished on Saturday morning. All in all I achieve both of my goals-- gaining some confidence in taking people pictures and getting better control of the visual real estate within the viewfinder  frame.

In hopes of getting something to show at our March 6th meeting for the Topic of the Month I skipped the end-of-workshop dinner on Friday evening-- which in the past I didn't enjoy at all-- and drove down to Madrid NM instead to hang out in a bar that was holding their weekly open mike. For the most part the music was astoundingly bad...with the exception of a bother and sister from Santa Fe. She was a Janice Joplin like singer who generated tremendous kinetic energy. I'm no connoisseur of rock music but to my ear she sang very well indeed. Taking the photos was very difficult because the stage was poorly lit, the color temperature was awful, and there as a lot of detritus on the stage. Nonetheless I'm excited about my images and think that I'll have something to show at the meeting after doing some Photoshop.

I hope that you are getting images for this challenging Topic of the Month.
Byron

No comments:

Post a Comment