Thursday, October 27, 2011

WWIG November 2nd Meeting: Special Guest

I am very pleased to be able to announce that we will have a very special guest speaker at our upcoming meeting on Wednesday November 2nd. Julio Bird who, as you probably know, has made the ascent to the summit of Mount Everest, will give a presentation about his mountaineering experiences and discuss the photographic challenges he has encountered. Julio is interested in astrophotography as well and will also describe technical issues, gear, and difficulties encountered.

My impressions about astrophotography is that you can get spectacular images if you have a Hubble telescope, but for the rest of us, it is exceedingly problematic-- which, of course, is what makes it such a compelling challenge.

If you would like to see more of the astounding images from Hubble on the Internet click here: http://www.spacetelescope.org/images/archive/top100/
Byron

3 comments:

  1. Byron,

    Thanks (again) for all of your efforts in planning these meetings! My sister just had a baby though so I will be on the road down to Milwaukee to visit my new nephew that night. If my plans happen to change, I will for sure be there. I apologize. I really do wish I could attend.

    Thanks again,

    Jamie

    ReplyDelete
  2. Julio Bird? Are you kidding me! Can't wait for the meeting!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Jamie and Cheryl--
    Thank you so much for using the 'comments' and for your nice remarks. I really appreciate getting feedback.
    Byron

    ReplyDelete