Saturday, October 29, 2011

No Digital Challenge for November 2nd

Because he has been busy preparing for his gallery showing, Roger Grant asked me to select an image for the November meeting. "No problema" I responded. At this time I am sorry to have to admit that it has been "big problema". I initially planned to go through the picture files on my hard drive (685 gigabytes and still growing) to find a boring image-- and I have lots of them-- that can be made into something interesting by digital manipulation. To my surprise I found the cupboard to be bare! Sure, there were some that could be improved, lots in fact; but not any that could be made interesting or that would be fun to work on-- and that is the real point of the exercise. So, it was decided that it would be best to just give it a rest this month.

Anyone eager to display their digital skills is cordially invited to bring images that he or she has worked on to the meeting to show to the group and, even better, describe the techniques used.
Byron

No comments:

Post a Comment