Monday, August 23, 2010

A Worksite I Envy.

This is Leo Laporte, a well known tech guy and longstanding presence on the Internet, cable TV, and radio. The photo, by the way, was obtained on the terrific blog Stuck in Customs (see prior post for link) and is an HDR image. I especially admire it because it is not at all obvious that HDR was used. I presume it was selected because the non HDR that came from the camera was problematic. This is something that Scott Kelby posted on his blog on this subject a while ago: "I too use [sic] to love [HDR]…now, not so much…and for some reason, once I quickly identify the HDR effect, my opinion of the picture drops a notch."  I am very committed to HDR but like Kelby if the effect is obvious my opinion drops, but in my case a lot more than a notch.
Byron

No comments:

Post a Comment