Thursday, August 19, 2010

Future of the WWIG blog

I enjoy some aspects of maintaining this blog and wish that I could make daily entries to it. Frankly, the long intervals between posts is really hampering the quality of this endeavor. Visiting the blog would be a lot more rewarding for all of  us if there would be more of a reason to stop by regularly. I have previously pleaded, cajoled, and whined in asking WWIG members to post entries or comments but, let's be honest, there hasn't been much of a  response. It is realized that making entries and comments is cumbersome, but I have posted directions on how to do it and offered to demonstrate the process to anyone who needs the help (see July 13, 2010 post).

So, it is now time for the nuclear option. I'm have posted poll to see if there is sufficient interest in continuing this blog (see Poll at the top of the  column on the right). If there is, I am going to insist that other members share in the joys of posting. If we can't get a regular rhythm established, I'd rather let this blog wither on the vine than continue a half-hearted performance.

Please do respond to the poll. Comment here, e-mail or call me if you have questions or comments that you don't want to make public.

Byron

1 comment:

  1. I understand your frustration... we have a family blog that gets use in waves although I am the one constant. Every so often I boycott and stop posting but it doesn't change the outcome. I just need to incorporate this blog into my daily visits ...what ever you choose to do though I appreciate. Hopefully it will continue. Perhaps more involvement will come with the fall season.

    ReplyDelete