Friday, February 26, 2010

Meeting Monday March 1st

The meeting on Monday is going to be excellent, I believe. Roger Grant will be speaking and several members have said that they will be bringing images for discussion. It is very hard to predict what folks will be showing in response to the 'Topic Challenge", but if our experience last year when we did something similar with oranges is a guide, it should be fun and informative, as well as stimulating interesting discussion.

Two years ago I did a workshop in Santa Fe with Jay Maisel and the experience was transformative. His workshops no matter where and when are always entitled Color, Light and Gesture. I remembered that he is masterful in the use of color accents and also huge swaths of very intense but natually saturated colors. I have one of his books and scanned a couple of images to show how Jay uses the color red:

 

















I'd be interested in knowing if you think that these images support the point I'm trying to make.

Byron

No comments:

Post a Comment