Sunday, February 21, 2010

HDR at the La Crosse Camera Club

You genial host-- that would be me-- is scheduled to give a 45 minute presentation at the next meeting of the La Crosse Camera Club on Tuesday February 23rd. at 7:00pm. The LCCC now meets at the new Environmental Center Building at Myrick Park.

As you may recall, I did this presentation at one of our early meetings but it was attenuated because of technical problems (which is a nice way of saying that I didn't know how to properly use my newly acquired digital projector). I am using the same Power Point as a basis but I have  changed the emphasis somewhat because my attitude toward HDR has evolved considerably. I think that you may find the updated presentation interesting.

Don't worry about not being a member. No one will bother you!

The week before last Scott Kelby blogged about HDR and his entry elicited a hornet's nest of comments which covered the entire spectrum from infatuation to hatred. Reading these comments is entertaining and they led me to do a good deal of contemplation about this very interesting digital imaging issue and, if one wants to stretch, about the nature of photography and even art itself. Check it out here: http://www.scottkelby.com/blog/2010/archives/8491

Regards,
Byron

Red image of the day. This is one that I took for the topic presentation at our next meeting:

No comments:

Post a Comment