Monday, September 26, 2011

WWIG: No October Meeting

I have decided that it trying to have a meeting of the WWIG on Wednesday October 5th would be a very poor decision on my part. Although I am reluctant to blow off the meeting and am having what some in the therapeutic community call "guilt issues", this is the best choice for me and for all of you. Those of you who are not interested in excuses can stop reading now-- see you in November.

Here is the back story: I returned from Israel, France and Spain on Friday evening and am leaving this morning to drive to New York for a workshop. I could be back in La Crosse by October 4th but it would mean that I would have to drive very hard for 2 solid days. On many levels it works much better for me to do the return trip at leisure.

Short of a calamity on the scale of The End of Days there will be a meeting on November 2nd and I will try to make it an outstanding one. Also, I may be able to arrange for a field day later in October, depending on weather and my personal situation. Stay tuned-- more to follow on this blog.

Please note the new header. At our last meeting I neglected to show Phyllis Olson's submission for the Topic of the Month. My bad! It is, as you can see, a truly wonderful image. Thank you Phyllis.

Speaking of the Topic of the Month, for November it will be Fall: anything that speaks of the fall season, including Halloween, Thanksgiving, Octoberfest, etc.. You, of course, an use anything in your portfolio but I would like to suggest that the exercise is more beneficial if you use a photo that you have taken specifically for this TOM. For the Digital Challenge I'll need to confer with Roger Grant, but you will be informed in plenty of time before the meeting. Does anyone have any suggestions or specific images they would like to see used? E-mail me if you do.

Allbestwishes to each and everyone.
Byron

1 comment:

  1. Please don't worry about it! You do so much to make this a success but there's no need to push yourself that hard. Relax...breathe and enjoy life.

    ReplyDelete