Saturday, September 3, 2011

WWIG Meeting September 7th

The next meeting of the Western Wisconsin Imaging Group will be on September 7, 2011 at my home (N2207 Pammel Pass W. in Bridal Coulee). The meeting will begin at 6:30pm. Unfortunately, Susann Annis will not be here and didn't leave anything for  Social Hour refreshments. However, in the freezer there is what is said to be a legendary from the North Shore and I plan to bake something as well. Susann will give me a coffee making tutorial refresher over Skype, so we should be in good shape.

First and foremost, John Zoerb called today and asked me to convey a message to all members who submitted prints for the WWIG display at the La Crosse Public Library. The exhibit has been taken down and John will be bringing the prints to the September 7th meeting in order to return them to you. If you are not going to attend the meeting, please call either me (788-1812) or John (782-2642) in order to make arrangements for return or disposal-- long term storage is not an option. I hope that all of you who attend will show your prints and share your thoughts about them at the meeting.

Time is getting short. Please submit digital images for the Topic of the Month and the Digital Challenge to me by e-mail at your opportunity. Submissions for the Ask The Experts segment would be appreciated.

I anticipate a lively and interesting meeting. Phyllis Olson will give a presentation about Helicon Focus Software. This software provides a solution to a serious problem, especially in macro-photography. I have tried other methods that were, in my hands, a dismal failure so I am particularly eager to hear Phyllis's presentation.

I'll post more about the meeting before Wednesday including, as usual, the program. Stay tuned. I'm looking forward to seeing you then.

No comments:

Post a Comment