Wednesday, June 22, 2011

Extreme Photoshop Retouching

Here is a YouTube video of an extreme makeover done in Photoshop. This is just one of a gazillion available. I am reluctant to post any of them because of some may object to the concept and others including me have a problem with the concept of designating beauty and ugliness. Before you get you knickers in a twist please understand that the "before" in this video is NOT a person but a piece of sculpture. I very much hope that no one will be offended, but I do want to show what can be done at the extremes. Please read these comments by the artist in response to some carping criticism if you are uncomfortable:

I never meant to hurt anyone with this work. I just wanted to know how young I could make that old lady look using photoshop tools. By the way, that woman is not a real person. That is a sculpture made by Angela Talbot, a very talented artist that has a beautiful personality. I think that the real beauty is inside us all, in our soul. And that beauty can be cultivated by any one of us. It's just a matter of wanting. Thanks for watching! :)


Byron

No comments:

Post a Comment