Wednesday, June 15, 2011

Digital Challenge: Portrait 2







I took this photograph of Dr. John Hayden at our last meeting and he very graciously gave me permission to use it for this months exercise in retouching. Dr. Hayden had a long and distinguished career as an Orthopedic Surgeon at the Gundersen Clinic and is an accomplished photographer. He is 88 years old and his skin certainly is that of a substantially younger man. Nonetheless, there are some blemishes that can be eliminated and wrinkles lessened. I'm not one to give retouching advice, but I will caution those who haven't done this sort of work, resist the temptation to overdo. This is especially true with the wrinkles.

I'll make separate entries for the remaining 2 images tomorrow and send the whole packet of 4 JPGs tomorrow by e-mail.
Byron

No comments:

Post a Comment