Thursday, June 16, 2011

Digital Challenge: Portrait 4


Theresa Smerud kindly sent this image to be used as an exercise in retouching. This very pleasant looking gentleman's appearance is marred by an obvious dental flaw. I suspect that most subjects with a similar problem would attempt to keep their mouth closed which would eliminate his smile which is wonderful and reveals much about his personality. For some doing the dental repair in Photoshop may be a piece-of-cake, but I don't think that I am going to be able to bring it off. On the other hand it will be interesting to try.

Theresa sent a JPG and I cropped away a great deal of the original so that the resulting image is a fairly small file but I think that it will be adaquate for this exercise.
Byron
Byron

No comments:

Post a Comment