Monday, January 17, 2011

Meeting Site Changed

Please note that the site of John Gregor's presentation on Friday January 21st has been moved to the EcoPark at Hixon/Myrick at 6:30pm. Because there is ample space available there is no need to let me know whether or not you plan to attend.

I believe that those who participate will be rewarded and find that they have spent the evening both pleasantly and profitably. Some lines from the St Crispin's Day soliloquy from Shakespeare's Henry V come to mind:
"We few, we happy few, we band of brothers;

For he to-day that sheds his blood with me

Shall be my brother; be he ne'er so vile,

This day shall gentle his condition:

And gentlemen in England now a-bed

Shall think themselves accursed they were not here,

And hold their manhoods cheap whiles any speaks

That fought with us upon Saint Crispin's day."





















Forgive my theatrical excess-- I needed to do something a bit outrageous to cheer me up on this cold, damp, sullen winter day.
Byron

No comments:

Post a Comment