Wednesday, January 12, 2011

MAJOR WWIG EVENT

JOHN GREGOR TO GIVE A SPECIAL PRESENTATION TO THE WWIG



I am extremely pleased that John Gregor, a superb fine art and nature photographer, a master of digital imaging and printing, and a truly gifted teacher will be joining us on Friday January 21st. He will be giving a 2 hour presentation: Outside My Backdoor; Recent Views of Lake Superior. John says "I will be sharing views and tips about photography from around Lake Superior. I will share my favorite locations, my camera technique, and some of my computer techniques"

.



This is the back cover of the Lake Superior 2011 calendar published by John and his partner Val Doherty.

John owns ColdSnap Photography and you can learn much more about his activities by visiting his website ColdSnap Photography and also the website of his and Val's gallery in Two Harbors, MN
The Waterfront Gallery
I'll be posting more about the time, venue, and other pertinent information. Most likely we will meet at my home, but I will be inviting members of the La Crosse Camera Club to join us and if the number of bodies exceed the space available we do have a back up plan. Please let me know as soon as possible if you will be attending, as plans have to be made.

Finally, as I told you in the email, I am going to provide John's stipend and I don't feel right charging admission. On the other hand, I would very much appreciate any donations that attendees would be inclined to give. Anyone donating $10 or more will be entered into a drawing for a couple of very nice prizes, a photo vest and a Think Tank camera bag. I'll try to get some photos posted in the next couple of days.

Stay tuned to this blog. More to follow.
Byron

No comments:

Post a Comment