Thursday, January 27, 2011


I encountered this stunning image of this incredible Chinese performance hall at Trey Ratcliff's great photoblog Stuck in Customs and get very excited thinking that this was the concert venue that my son Brad played in (he is a member of the Israel Philharmonic Orchestra) on New Years Eve 2008. It turns out that he played that night in The Great Hall of the People which is literally across the street from this newer building which has been nicknamed The Bird Cage. While the IPO was playing in the Great Hall, The Berlin Philharmonic got this venue. Still, not a bad gig. What a fabulous photograph.

I've been cruising around the Internet recently searching for images to use as examples of this and that. I keep discovering wonderful images. As I've proposed previously the best work of amatures on sites like Flickr is, in my opinion, every bit the equal of the images I see by well known professionals. Creativity especially certainly is not confined to the portfolios of the professionals. To see a continuous stream of about 500 images, mostly superb, a day go to Flickriver.
Byron

1 comment:

  1. You can't fool me, Byron. This is your manipulated photo of the Pettibone Gazebo!

    Ron

    ReplyDelete