Sunday, August 21, 2011

A Question About Minnesota State Fair

Greetings--
I attended Larryfest this weekend-- as much for photography as the music. The Friday evening concert was listless, but by the end of the Saturday concert all was forgiven. The main act was Dailey and Vincent a Bluegrass group who are absolutely at the top of their game. They are a bit too polished for my taste but tremendous energy. Although I've been taught that there are photos to be had wherever there are people doing anything, I surely didn't encounter them. It was a major disappointment.

I am thinking of going to the Minnesota State Fair to see what I can see and photograph. However, when I looked a MN State Fair site on Flickr and other web resources, it appears that this may be another dismal photo opportunity. What I saw were lots, and lots of Ferris Wheel pics,  zillions of photos of people eating fair food, and grandstand show images but nothing very interesting. Am I missing something?  Actually I suspect that I am. Any guidance and opinions will be appreciated.

Byron

No comments:

Post a Comment