Friday, August 12, 2011

Jennifer Bucheit Departing

It is with sadness that I have to announce that Jennifer Bucheit and her family will be moving to Madison. Here is an edited version of a very thoughtful e-mail that she sent:

"...my family will be relocating to the Madison area; we'll be living in Middleton. My husband Chris took a job at UW working in the Information Technology dept. as their only graphic designer. We are both excited and sad; sad to be leaving the special friends... that we have made here in La Crosse.


I thought there would be an Aug. meeting where I could say good-bye to everyone in person, but I see the next meeting isn't until Sept.. My hope is to make it back to La Crosse periodically. I know week nights will be challenging during the school year, but over the summer months I would love to still attend WWIG meetings when possible. I hope you'll let me remain a WWIG "member-at-large." I will try to post more frequently on the blog and keep you up to date with my photography. I'm not exactly sure what my plans are photography wise. Tentatively I'm planning on continuing my on-line graduate studies and then transferring to UW next fall—we'll see. Let's please keep in contact through email and the blog.


Also, wanted to let you know I attended Santa Fe's Power of Light with Tony Corbell and learned a tremendous amount about studio lighting and natural lighting.   I'll attach a couple of images from the week. [I will  post the images Jennifer sent in the next message, ed.]
Warmest Regards,
Jennifer


P.S. If you know anyone that is looking for a beautifully restored 1938 colonial in La Crosse, please have them contact us :-)"
I have used one of Jennifer's complex  and intriguing images for the WWIG blog header as a reminder of her always thought provoking and technically advanced images that Jennifer brought to our meetings. Let us all do what we can to facilitate Jennifer's continuing participation in our group, via e-mail if not in person.

No comments:

Post a Comment