Thursday, March 31, 2011

Ask the experts...

I had posted this question thinking we may have a March meeting but would like to ask it again hoping to get some further input... How do you back up your images? cds, dvds, external hard drives, outside source such as dropbox, other? I've heard that dvd's last a bit longer than cds and that external hds are not super stable. Outside sources are not realistic for me because out in the country where I live we don't have fast internet and my large PSD files would take just short of forever to upload. Looking for input on how you all handle this digital dilema. Thanks, Jamie

1 comment:

  1. Jamie--Thanks so much for this pertinent question. There is a lot of information out there about backup/storage but, unfortunately, there is far from any consensus. I'll show you what I do and strongly encourage members to contribute their thoughts.
    Byron

    ReplyDelete