Tuesday, September 15, 2009


This is a photograph of a daylily taken this morning. Although I do have a couple of daylily plants that are still blooming-- actually reblooming for daylily purists-- these are rather undistinguished flowers. This one pictured here is a rather beautiful bloom and of considerable interest to daylily collectors. Over the past 3 or 4 years hybridizers have introduced daylilies in which the green color in the throat of the flower extends well into the sepals. This is one of the best of this type. Also green edges have been enthusiastically received.
As seen on the blog, there is considerable desaturation of the image compared to my final file. I thought that I had solved this problem by being certain that the posted images are sRBG but changing the profile didn't seem to help here. We should keep working to improve color rendition of images posted on the blog.
I did quite a bit of Photoshopping and printing today-- for the 1st time in many weeks (make that months)-- and I plan to post images frequently. Please consider joining the effort to improve this blog.
Byron

No comments:

Post a Comment