Thursday, September 10, 2009

Flurry of WWIG Blog Activity




WWIG stalwart Jim Taylor is kindly allowing me to post 2 of the images he showed as prints at our August meeting. I won't write much here about them because they speak for themselves and, more important, I don't want to disseminate any misinformation about these remarkable photographs. Jim did describe how these photos came about and also the back story of how they inspired John Sexton to visit and photograph power plants on the Mississippi which ultimately led to his well known book Places of Power (http://www.amazon.com/Places-Power-Aesthetics-John-Sexton/dp/0967218810/ref=ntt_at_ep_dpt_4). I suspect that Jim would be willing to share this fascinating story with anyone who is would like to learn more about these photos and how they came about.
Jim noticed that in the prior iteration of this blog I had, in the header, misspelled the word 'pursue'-- a not uncommon failing of mine. In addition to correcting the text I revised the photograph of Roger. You may notice that the color of the image is vastly improved-- it was dull, very dark, and somewhat desaturated. The improvement is a result of changing the color profile of the image from Adobe RBG to sRBG which is more appropriate because that is the color space of almost of monitors. This is, I think, something important to know when posting images to the Internet.
Byron

1 comment:

  1. I don't care how many times I see these photographs I get the same feeling of surrealistic animalss

    Jim the film guy

    ReplyDelete