Sunday, July 19, 2009

Invitation to Visit and Photograph Garden

You are cordially invited to visit and, if you wish, take pictures in my garden this week (July20-July25th). We will try to insure that the daylilies look decent and provide photographic opportunities by removing the spent blooms each day. I do have to warn you that although the daylily bloom is at or very nearly at its peak, this year the display is quite disappointing. Because night time temperatures have been so low, the daylily flowers are not opening very well in the mornings and the weather predictions for the coming week are not really encouraging. Also for the first time ever deer have been munching on daylily buds. Even so, most of the 500 or so daylily plants are covered with flowers and the colors and variety of form is impressive. In addition, I do grow about 100 hosta and we have been so far successful avoiding deer damage to them. Finally, our prairie garden is blooming although there will be more flowers in it toward the end of the month.

I can't promise that I will be here for the entire week to show you around but Ryan McKenny, who helps me, will be here every afternoon and will be happy to answer questions. Feel free to call me for further information at 788-1812.

I am going to post this message on our blog as well. Over the next couple of months I hope to make the blog the primary way of communicating among the members so that you won't have frequent e-mails clogging up your inbox. Check out the blog at http://westernwisconsinimaginggroup.blogspot.com/.

No comments:

Post a Comment