Saturday, February 11, 2012

Next WWIG Meeting

There will be a meeting of the WWIG on Wednesday March 7th. Same time and same place but the meeting format will be substantially different, 

I will present a slideshow of the images I made during and after my recent trips to Cuba and Florida. These images do represent a significant departure from my previous work and demonstrate the new directions in my photography that I intend to pursue. As always those attending are encouraged to bring prints or submit digital images (by e-mail),

For quite some time I have been contemplating how to go forward with the WWIG. The options include carrying on as before, which doesn't work for me, discontinuing the group, or making substantial changes that will reinvigorate the enthusiasm of the members as well as my own interest.  I would like to forge ahead but using a significantly changed format. If you have any interest in seeing continuation of  this organization and participating in planning its future, I strongly encourage you to attend the March 7th meeting.
Byron

2 comments:

  1. Byron,
    I will try to be there, but we leave Texas on March 1st and I'm not sure when we'll be back as we have a couple of stops on the way.
    Cheryl

    ReplyDelete
  2. I hope to be there on the 7th. The meetings have been valuable to me and I hope they continue. As a working professional and small business owner, I wish I could contribute more but this is not the case. I am happy to have been invited to attend. I'm not sure why there is always the question: should it continue or shouldn't it? But knowing each meeting could be the last, my interest is beginning to wane. To my knowledge, each of the past meetings have been a success. So what's the problem? Hopefully we can discuss this at the meeting and move forward in a constructive way with communication and understanding. Thanks for the update Byron and for making the meetings possible at all.

    Erik

    ReplyDelete