Monday, October 26, 2009

Next Meetin November 4, 2009

All members should have received an e-mail announcing the next meeting. In case anyone didn't, I'm posting a slightly edited version here:

The next meeting of the Western Wisconsin Imaging Group will be on November 4th at my home (N2207 Pammel Pass West). I want to change the meeting time to 6:30pm because it will be getting dark so much earlier. Susann is returning from Colorado before the meeting and is happy to bake some good things for the social hour.

As you may recall this will be our last meeting for a while and I hope to make it a very good one. If there is sufficient interest, we will resume in March, but I plan to reduce the frequency to either every other month or perhaps quarterly.

Anyone interested in doing so is invited to join me every Monday evening from 8:30pm to 9:30pm for the Monday Night Light Webinar. Click this URL to go to the Light Workshops website for further information: http://www.lightworkshops.com/. From the website you can click on a link to the Webinar site which is actually a blog. These webinars are exceedingly well taught by Hal Schmidt. From my experience these sessions are aimed at intermediate level users of Photoshop and/or Lightroom, but even beginners will find much to gain from them, especially if there is some supplemental help available to guide them over the rough spots. Also, advanced users would likewise benefit since the topics are covered in a very comprehensive and well organized manner which I find especially useful. Even when one has learned an imaging technique, the user frequently has uncertainties or gaps. Going over the material in a logical progression can be really helpful. During the week after each session Hal posts a 10 minute recapitulation on the blog allowing attendees to review the material. This is a great asset.

You can eliminate the middleman-- that would be me-- by simply accessing the webinar blog and signing up. This will allow you to participate in the webinar from the comfort of you own home. If there is interest, I plan to add an hour from 7:30 to 8:30pm to discuss what was learned during the prior session, and to present additional interesting video tutorials covering unrelated topics.

As always, I am soliciting both images-- prints or digital-- and offers for presentations for our November meeting. I have several topics that I can present; so remember, the surest way to shut me up is for you to give a presentation-- pretty much any topic will be welcomed.

PS: It goes without saying that if we are in the midst of a raging H1N1 flu epidemic the November meeting will be cancelled.

No comments:

Post a Comment